Fun

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Foodie Me & Non-Foodie Partner!!

Food is my first love. All who knows will say...dikhta hai ;). It is only one which has been with me through thick and thin, highs and lows, sorrows and happiness. I have shared every day of my life with it. It has in some ways put a smile on my face every every time.

Food has been reasons for many friends of mine. Friends, who like me were regulars at the food parlors. The ones who were fond of mid-night maggi sessions in hostels. The ones who were addicted to tea at varied tea stalls. And the ones who could manage to get world's best cheese sandwich with green chutney in a pan shop.

Being a foodie and having all foodie friends, what if you get a husband who is a big NON-FOODIE? Husband - a friend for life and absolutely opposite. Well, I am living my nightmare. Married to a complete non-foodie. I don't even know what is his favorite food, or what i can make when he gets angry or if when his mood is off or which cuisine to go for to have a fun-filled evening together. On the other hand, he never complains about food, he can eat anything, whether it is tasty or not, whether it is half cooked or burnt, whether there is variation in daily food or repetitions. I wonder if it is a bliss to have a non-foodie husband or a misery?

Well life goes on and you learn to adjust. But i wonder if i will ever share the chemistry which i have with my foodie friends? I wonder had we been better friends if we were alike? I wonder if i am missing something or missing a lot of things? I wonder!!!!

12 comments:

  1. swarn ..well written post ..short and sweet:)didnt know that u do creative writing ( except ur encrypted sms which didn't have any vowels :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey,, nice post..interesting.. well if all of this is true...u really have an easy task in hand...not like many others who have to spend a quite lumpsome of their time in kitchen trying to impress the entire fam...!! so in some way u r lucky...having said that... janab ki koi to kamzori hogi hi.(some dish/sweet dish that his mom makes very well!!) thats usually the trick.!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well mom made allu ki sabji....can anyone reach to that level(according to him). I doubt ;)

      Delete
  3. Well written...I know exactly how it feels to have a non-foodie partner dear...!! We are on the same boat...but u can always train your daughter to be your foodie friend ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well done swarn!! smart gal toh aap pehle se hi ho...and with the free time u have, u should write some more...btw u reminded me of our tea sessions and bingers bliss ki makhani maggi! :)

      Delete
  4. see the brighter side of having a non foodie husband- he dsnt want his share in your favourite food!! LOL :). momo hut ke momo dinners yaad hain when we found the home cook food "not interesting" and walked to momo hut for amazing momos and soft drinks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowieee!!! This post of urs has reminded me of sooooo manyyyy things.. i think u should tag me for each n every sentence in those 1st two paragraphs.

    Remember i used to hateee tea..n i ended up sipping a cup EVERY day (though its nothing in comparison with the no of cups u hav).. ahh the cheese grilled sandwich..blisss!!! chickennnn.. fishhh... momos.. tartar sauce.. mc.D.. subway.. sambhar rice.. pickle... n the list goes onnnn

    I'm blessed to have foodie frnsss... n i loweeee them <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. u bet i had all of u in my mind while writing this 1st post!!!!! :)) luv u toooooo n alll my foooodddiiieee frensss :)))))

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ask him to try some cheese cake of yours..and u will see the change!

    ReplyDelete